Thursday 28 February 2013

The Oscar Quest 2013 ( A Brief Intermission )

*Warning*

THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN MAJOR SPOILERS AND MY BIASED OPINIONS  WHICH IS FOR THE PURPOSES OF PROMOTING  DEBATE AND DISCUSSION.

****************************************************************************************************

  Hello my dear Friends...WAIT WAIT! You are not in the wrong place this is still WlfOtaku Blogs but this is a special segment to which I'm referring to as "The Oscar Quest 2013" A segment in which I will be discussing and satisfying my insatiable need to share my thoughts on this years Academy Award Nominated films!
     How Did It Come to this ?? you ask....well as an Otaku (just like you) who has the time on their hands there's nothing id like most than to indulge in hours upon hours of marthoning a steady stream of Manga and Anime but there comes a time when even the most seasoned Vetran Otaku among us encounters the dreaded "slump" a period of time when you just cant do it anymore..when you cant watch another episode and cant stand scrolling down to the next page anymore and experience severe burnout on all things anime and manga.
  Ive had my fair share of slumps and my most memorable one was where for a long while I just could not watch any anime.. I've even heard of slumps so severe that one may even quit watching anime all together *GASP*  but as for Me I could not bear the whole 20 minutes but I still needed my Fix so I switched completely to Manga and Manhwa which is a good change of pace although it does leave you feeling like you just betrayed your First love its just what I needed to get over that Horrible Horrible place but my brain being my awesome brain decided that its time for a Manga slump So currently I'm not reading anything other than two of the Big 3 namely Bleach and Naruto..not OP because..well...Reading OP is a foreign concept to me but I'm sure I'll understand someday..Anyway I'm not currently in an anime Slump but if i keep going at this pace I'm going I'm bound to feel some initial Burnout so I'm taking a break... a Brief intermission if you will and Instead watching this avalanche of Films Hollywood has so conveniently dropped on my plate!

I actually recently watched the Televised broadcast of the Oscars and for some reason this years films excited me..well I think its because its like none of these Movies were advertised...OK by now they have been but by the time the golden globes were out most of these movies were completely new to me..I mean even Tina Fey who was hosting was like "Were here to give awards to movies that have only been out In cinemas for only a Few days" and seeing them win at the Oscars made me even more curious this year must be special coz last year I didn't give Two solid EFF's bout the line up..with movies like Hugo or The Artist or Tintin that bored me ..there were some good ones but I honestly can't remember them despite that this years line up is locked,loaded and has my full attention with titles such as these!

           Django Unchained
         Life of Pi
         Skyfall
         The Hobbit
         Prometheus
         Anna Karenina
         Argo
        Silver Linings Playbook
        Zero Dark thirty
        Les Miserables
        Lincoln
        The Impossible
     and lastly Beasts of the southern Wilds
There are some titles here which I have watched and will talk about and some that are not on this list which I will add later and please do give me your recommendations coz I'm sure you Smart guys may have watched an awesome Movie or two that I may have missed.

THE OSCARS IN A NUTSHELL

POOR POOR LEO
    
UNTIL NEXT TIME,STAY FROSTY
     ,WLFOTAKU